Circle Fresh Organic Produce Growers in Colorado
Boulder Fresh specializes in hydroponic tomatoes, but it also offers a wide variety of other organic vegetables and herbs, grown both in greenhouses and in the field. Boulder Fresh grows everything on site from seed, and its organic produce is free of pesticides and herbicides. Boulder Fresh utilizes natural, sustainable practices including integrated pest management, crop rotation, companion planting and drip irrigation.
It has a long-standing devotion to:
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Land and water conservation
- Responsible farming practices.
- Commitment to local products
- Sustainable businesses practices
- The produce grown in Boulder Fresh’s greenhouses are grown from hybrid non GMO seeds.
- Indeterminate plants – plants that continue growing AND continue to produce fruit as long as the plant receives the necessary nutrients.
- Use state of the art technology to regulate the environmental conditions inside the greenhouse to conserve energy and water.
- USDA Certified Organic grower
- Boulder Fresh has been family owned and operated since its 1976.
- Frank Rothe purchased the property in 1976 and fashioned it into a hydroponic vegetable farm. Colorado Hydroponics supplied tomatoes and cucumbers to local chain supermarkets.
- Frank’s son, Ed Rothe, came on in 1978.
- In 1979 they began growing evergreen tree seedlings.
- During the 90’s, the farm developed a green promotional products line and used some of its 60,000 square feet of greenhouse space to grow containerized rose stock for Jackson & Perkins.
- Jon Hulme bought the farm in 2006 from Ed Rothe, his father-in-law.
- In 2010, Jon established Boulder Fresh. The farm came full circle when it began growing 8,500 hydroponic tomato plants in one of its greenhouses.
Circle Fresh Farms | Fresh Produce. Local Produce. Organic Produce | Denver, Colorado | 720-446-9355