It seems that nearly everyone has a vivid and, surprisingly, consistent childhood memory of “those amazingly flavorful” backyard garden tomatoes that their grandmother, or mother, or neighbor used to grow – the ones they used to pull right off the vine and eat like apples. It also seems that for every one of these favorable distant memories, we hear about a not-so-favorable recent memory of a supermarket tomato that bears little resemblance to that sweet fruit of the past.
At Circle Fresh, all of our growers are committed to bringing back that nostalgia with every organic tomato we grow. We select varieties (many of them heirlooms) that are renowned for their flavors, and utilize old-fashioned harvesting practices that leave the fruit on the plant to allow Mother Nature to fully develop those sweet and acidic tomato flavors you used to love.
We take great pride in growing a wide variety of organic specialty tomatoes to fit all different flavor preferences and recipes. Give Circle Fresh tomatoes a try, and let us take you back to grandma’s garden.
- Size: 1/2” in a diameter
- Taste: Comparable to a rich sweet cherry tomato, with a hint of smokiness
- Fruit: Dark redish purple with green highlights
- Uses: Due to being less juicy and concentrated flavor they are great for slicing and eating raw
- Taste: The vine ripened tomato has a strong acidic flavor
- Fruit: Soft skin with a deep red color
- Uses: Salads and side dishes
San Marzano Tomatoes
- Size: 1 -2 lbs
- Taste: Sweet
- Fruit: Bright red, juicy, meaty
- Uses: Slicing, sandwiches and eating raw
- Size: Cylindrical shaped fruit, 3″-4″ long and 1.5″ wide (5 – 6 oz)
- Taste: Balanced acidic flavor
- Fruit: Meaty flesh
- Uses: Great for an Italian style sauce
Circle Fresh Farms | Fresh Produce. Local Produce. Organic Produce | Denver, Colorado | 720-446-9355